After their rehearsal last week, the boys from Upright Egg talk all about Songbird.
In this episode, you’ll hear about…
- The origins of Songbird in dreams, messages, and fiction.
- Brian Watson-Jones’ take on the steampunk.
- Creating a soundscape with a live band shaping the process.
- Merging the steampunk style with Upright Egg’s focus on the environment and natural world.
- Building on the work through the collaborative process.
- Bad September, Beyond Ballroom, and other goodies the Egg has planned through the Songbird run.
Songbird runs from June 17th to the 25th at Nimbus Theatre.
Music in the podcast is provided courtesy Upright Egg Theatre Company.