We return after a hiatus for a podcast for the Halloween season, discussing The Chameleon Theatre Circle’s The Woman in Black.
In this episode, you’ll hear about…
- A little on @minnesotaplays and the Ivey Awards.
- Charles Numrich and his experiences as an actor and his reaction to his son, Seth Numrich, wanting to become an actor.
- The character of Arthur Kipps and how he goes about telling his story.
- Kieran speaking to his role the Actor and his relationship to Arthur.
- The theatrical experience as a transformative act, and how it is brought out through performance and character relationships.
- Horror onstage, what makes it effective, and the audience’s role.
- Sound elements and how they contribute to atmosphere.
- The rarity of ghost stories and horror plays onstage.
The Woman in Black runs from Octoboer 7 through the 23 at the Burnsville Performing Arts Center.