Kit Gordan hosts a post-show discussion surrounding Theatre Pro Rata‘s Cat’s Paw.
The talkback was recorded live after the Sunday, September 11th, 2011 performance of Cat’s Paw and features Hennepin County’s Soil and Water Supervisor for Dist. 2 Amber Collett, U of M faculty member Linda Butrian, Theatre Pro Rata artistic director Carin Bratlie, and actors David Beukema, Katherine Kupiecki, Katie Willer, and Nathan Tylutki.
Discussed during the talkback:
- How far each panelist would go for what they believe in.
- The media’s responsibility when an act of terrorism occurs.
- The revision of the play from 1985 to present day.
- How events of the last 25 years have altered the play’s interpretation.
- How one person can make a difference, but is it too late to do so?
- Further thoughts on the play and the interconnectedness of the characters.
- Dave Beukema talks about the challenges of Victor and how it differs from roles he typically plays.
Cat’s Paw plays through September 25th at the Gremlin Theatre.