Maythinee Washington joins me in Las Vegas for a special out-of-state Fringecast!
In this episode, Maythinee discusses…
- Her first visit to the Minnesota Fringe Festival and The Vegas Project (#1).
- How a local experiences Las Vegas vs. tourists.
- The current show she’s bringing to the Twin Cities, White Girl, and the issues of race, beauty, and sexuality found therein.
- Her definition of “performance piece” and the baggage that comes with it.
- The relevance of the show’s audio component and the drawbacks of technology.
- Recognizing where one’s prejudice lies and where one is privileged and where one is not.
- The out-of-towner’s Minnesota Fringe experience.
- The bias against theatre and stage performance.
White Girl plays on August 6, 7, 9, 13, and 14 at HUGE Improve Theater as part of the Minnesota Fringe Festival.
Edit: Maythinee has withdrawn from the festival.